Fitz Freshman English
Mid-Year Exam Prep Portfolio
Failing to plan is the same as planning to fail
Your mid-year exam is composed of three parts. Share with me as Last Name Midyear. I estimate it will take six-eight hours to thoughtfully work through this prep sheet. Four to five hours will be in in class time. The rest is on your own—so “Eat your cow” lest the King will have your head.
- The first part is this Exam Prep Portfolio. Complete this over the course of the next week. It is meant to mimic the amount of time you should spend preparing for a major exam.
- The second part is to write five Exam Prep Metacognition’s. Three this week and two next week.. Be sure to put your metacognition’s in this portfolio in a timely way!
- During the exam period, comment thoughtfully on your classmates’ “Power of Tradition” narrative paragraphs and “A Child’s Christmas in Wales” essay. Copy and paste your comments into the attached “Commenting Sheet.”
And then you are off until January. I do appreciate all of the hard work you have done during this first half of the year.
Exam Prep Portfolio
Resources...to use as you need them
- Download A Child’s Christmas in Wales
- Download How to Write a Metacognition
- Download Design Writing: Top Five Sentence Building Techniques
- Download Worksheet: Comma Rules 1-10
- Download A-Maker: Narrative Paragraph: Level II
- Download Design Writing: Literary Analysis Essay Plan
- Download A-Maker: Literary Analysis Paragraph Level lI